ATTN: If you are asked to verify that you are not a robot, do not proceed. We are working to resolve the issue. If you need information or assistance, please call (865) 637-0484.

Advancing Justice.
Strengthening Communities.

Get Help

Legal help when you need it, online and in person and there is never a charge for our services.


Be a part of making East Tennessee more just.


Support our mission with a financial donation.

Click the button above to complete the Legal Aid of East Tennessee’s Prescreen Application to see if you qualify for legal help. 


THDA is administering a COVID-19 Rent Relief program for the majority of Tennessee.

Under guidance from the US Treasury, funds designated as part of the COVID-19 Rent Relief Act of 2020 will support renters who are or have been struggling to pay rent, utilities, or other home energy costs due to loss of wages/income as a result of the pandemic.

THDA’s Rent Relief Call Center is now LIVE and available to help individuals with questions regarding the program, eligibility, needed documentation, etc.

Call – 844-500-1112

Hours: Monday – Saturday, 8am-8pm (central time)

For more information go to:

Tennessee Housing Development Agency | COVID-19 Rent Relief (

Who We Are

Across 26 counties — from Chattanooga to the Tri Cities — Legal Aid of East Tennessee provides civil legal representation for those who need it most. The elderly. Victims of domestic violence. Low-income families. All those who face a legal challenge yet don’t have the vital assistance they need. Every day, we proudly answer the call for high-quality legal services that help change lives and improve communities.

Our Mission

Strengthening communities and changing lives through high-quality legal services.

Our VIsion

An East Tennessee where justice is a community value and no one faces a legal problem alone.

How To Get Help

We’re here to help, and offer a wide variety of resources for our community. Here you can find high-level information, downloadable brochures, and our on-demand “Anytime Attorney” video series. Consider these resources your first step in accessing vital legal information.

Ways That You Can Help

Recent News and Events

News Three

Nam rhoncus, purus quis blandit aliquam, nisl lorem efficitur nisi, ut semper leo risus in libero. Nam vulputate libero lacus, quis convallis lorem suscipit ut. Integer eget dignissim tortor. Nulla

Read More

News Two

Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Ut ac felis porttitor tortor placerat elementum. Nullam ultrices nisi vel massa ultrices auctor. Etiam scelerisque, tellus nec rutrum mattis,

Read More

News One

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aliquam efficitur lacinia erat, vitae vehicula magna varius ac. Morbi vel vehicula tellus. Praesent et elit vel orci scelerisque fringilla. Integer malesuada

Read More

Legal Research Services (Bloomberg Law®) provided by the Bloomberg Industry Group